View Single Post
Old 2009-04-19, 16:07   Link #441
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantoe View Post
Great new set of photos! I loved the ones with the birds, they looked so alive. How the heck do you manage so good photos of the flying ones, gotta love those!

I think i know the place where some of the photos are taken as well xD Unless i have a very bad memory or most of the places in finland looks like that xD
Well out of about 250 shots a few had to turn out OK.

As for palces if you visited Helsinki the chances are you visited all of the places those photos were taken. Etelä- and Pohjoisesplanadi and Kauppatori.
(Södra och Norra Esplanaden och Salutorget nära Södra hamnen, där de flesta av de svenska färjorna anländer.)
Yeah I know my Swedish sucks badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
That was my hunch. The last photo was a bit less distinguishable due to the lighting, so I just wanted to make sure.

Loved the architecture in your recent photos there, especially the 2nd photo with the statues (they have good contrast against the backlground with their color). Where were those taken?
See above.
To be a bit more generic. In a small park in the central Helsinki and an old seaside market place next to it.

Yet more photos.
Taken at Hietaniemi cemetery. Quite interesting sculptures in the old tomb stones. I have been struggling with photography a bit as well lately so I thought I'd get back to my roots. So arty farty black and white stuff. Maybe a bit depressing batch though.

I'll post these as thumbnails linked to my gallery, since the scaling system of my gallery software sucks and I can't be bothered to save smaller versions.

Last edited by escimo; 2009-04-19 at 16:37. Reason: Thumbnails didn't work... XP
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote