View Single Post
Old 2006-07-08, 00:57   Link #28
hanxthre
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerX
The problem with what you say is that other then fighting for the hell it (mock battle), Shanks and Luffy have no reason to really seriously fight eachother... Shanks simply enjoys the freedom of the pirate life; he has shown no intrest in One piece or anything that would draw the two of them into actual conflict... not to mention the fact that Shank's likes to avoid unnessasry conflict...

teacher vs student is very common... however, it comes in one of two ways, a friendly fight where there's nothing to really loose (not exactly the most exciting fight), and then there's the battles where the two are unavoidably forced against eachother (very suspenceful and very emotional, makes for a great fight)... For Shank's and Luffy, any conflict for them would be the former, since they have no reason to really go against eachother like in the later...

You don't think Shanks might want to see how much his protege has progressed?? I mean it's one thing to hear stories and read bounties it's another thing to see it for yourself...Shanks from what's implied in the anime is a legendary pirate in his own right and while he may have a happy-go-lucky attitude that doesn't mean he can't change emotions...Hell Luffy's the prime example of this...No ones more happy-go-lucky than him and he's a beast during battles...I think Shanks is getting marginalized a bit, we really don't have anyway of knowing Shank's interpersonal motivations in life...He didn't become a great Pirate by just walking away from every fight and the World Government considers his team one of the biggest threats...While Shanks is pure-hearted (much like his protege) that doesn't mean he doesn't kick ass and I mean major ass when he has to...Finally him being second to Mihawk in swordsmanship only shows one aspect of what he may be able to do...If he has a special power or devil fruit ability he may pose more propblems than just swordfighting (which if he is only behind Mihawk he's fucking incredible)...
hanxthre is offline   Reply With Quote