View Single Post
Old 2006-07-08, 01:45   Link #29
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanxthre
You don't think Shanks might want to see how much his protege has progressed??
ahem, isn't that fighting for the hell of it, like i said?

Quote:
Shanks from what's implied in the anime is a legendary pirate in his own right and while he may have a happy-go-lucky attitude that doesn't mean he can't change emotions........ While Shanks is pure-hearted (much like his protege) that doesn't mean he doesn't kick ass and I mean major ass when he has to...
We already know that Shanks is a serious badass when he gets serious... we saw that in the first chapter with the bandits and the seaking... Even when testing Luffy, why would go as far against him as he would an enemy... afterall, he may want to test Luffy, but he wouldn't want to kill him and the same goes with Luffy towards Shanks... a friendly match, not much more then that

Quote:
He didn't become a great Pirate by just walking away from every fight and the World Government considers his team one of the biggest threats...
He doesn't walk away from every fight, just the unnessassary ones (like the bandits)... there are plenty of battles that he can't avoid, such as battles with marines, since they would never allow him to escape... Thanks to the marines, Shank's has been given plenty of chances to prove to the government how strong he is

Quote:
Finally him being second to Mihawk in swordsmanship only shows one aspect of what he may be able to do...If he has a special power or devil fruit ability he may pose more propblems than just swordfighting (which if he is only behind Mihawk he's fucking incredible)...
What's so wrong with Shank's just being the second best swordsman in the world? second best is nothing laugh at... With just that swordfighting, Shank's already ranks amongst the best, and in addition to that strnegth he's also got a very powerful crew under his command... why does he really need anything more then that?

i certainly hope he doesn't have a devil fruit... same goes for Whitebeard and Mihawk... Seriously, not having devil fruits but still ranking amongst the best makes them so much more hardcore...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote