View Single Post
Old 2012-07-28, 07:53   Link #866
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
If you can't digest a very negative opinion on this movie, I suggest skipping over this post to save yourself grief.
No grief here. I'm not at all bothered by your movie-review-turned-generic-K-on!-rant, in fact I was a little amused by how you hit all the traditional notes ("It's not about music"... you don't say! ) but I do take issue with this one point...

Quote:
I also have to note why people in London were portrayed like the biggest weirdos ever. I mean c'mon now, I know Japanese people tend to not be very good with foreign countries but this sort of ridiculing portrayal of foreigners has got to stop. I usually forgive TV more for this since well they don't got the budget and stuff, but this is a goddamn movie and they can't actually do a better job here? Worst the engrish still exists and they can't get proper english speakers? Give me a break.
...because I'm sorry, but "subjective opinion" can only excuse so much nonsense. Exactly where in the movie were Londoners portrayed as "the biggest weirdos ever"? Who are you referring to? The cab driver who couldn't read their minds and ended up driving them to the wrong hotel? The helpful receptionist? The stage manager who couldn't pronounce "Ho-kago" correctly, much like any native English speaker not familiar with Japanese? There's the sushi bar owner who mistook them for a different band, I suppose, so that's possibly one.

I gotta say, it's quite funny that you'd complain about "Engrish" when they did in fact cast native English speakers. They weren't all good actors, I'll say that much, but there was no Engrish. Apart from that of the Japanese characters, of course.

Quote:
Short answer: I was tricked
Uh-huh. Sure you weren't bound and gagged and had your eylids forced open as well?