View Single Post
Old 2012-12-29, 14:59   Link #438
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
This one is more "ignored" than "hated" actually and I'm talking about UFO Baby. Shoujo fans, hands up if you actually heard this one. I'm not surprised there aren't many.

Perhaps the reasons why it was ignored by shoujo audiences, especially English-speaking ones because it was primarily aimed towards 9-15 years old girls, lack of fabulous bishies(most of the male characters are qualified as bishies but they still far from fabulous) and no deep or emotional romances(just few blushes). Something it is easy to ignore a gem when it lacks of polishing.
*raises hand*
This one is really cute. But I prefer the manga because of how flat Miyuu's seiyuu is in the anime....>_> that kinda ruins it for me since she's the main character!

Kanata the boy, is a perfect representation of how I think bishies should look. Very cute....and still plenty boyish enough to avoid that 'girly' look.

DDD's an oldie! I remember reading it back in junior high!

Quote:
So, I'm thinking that some people were probably just tired of hearing another one of Rie Kugimiya's tsundere roles so soon when it aired.

Which is really unfair if that was the case because it's an external factor.
Luckily for me, Aria was only the third loli tsundere Kugimiya I witnessed; the first two being Shana and Nagi and there was a significant time gap by the time I got to Aria-chan.