View Single Post
Old 2007-04-21, 18:11   Link #20
Cheshire Cat

SPOILERS!!!!

Alright, having seen the anime and the live action, I can honestly say that the anime was infinitely better of the two...but I really liked LA Seita's performance more than the anime one...And I may be losing my memory but did the aunt have THAT many people living in her house? The anime showed only a daughter and the dad, but never any other kids that I knew of...

The aunt's performance I think needed some work...I didn't believe she was cruel at times and that it just seemed forced...

I really hate the say it but Setsuko's actress was really...blah...and she wasn't as cute as the anime version...I especially hated the part where she was 'asleep' and then when they were taking the necklace she just all of a sudden wakes up and makes a fuss...it's like she was trying to catch them in the act but then realized she couldn't do anything but bawl...

The biggest problem with the movie was that it didn't even affect me the way the anime did...the anime actually made me well up with tears, and I really wanted this movie to do the same...but nothing...maybe it was because I hated Setsuko's actress and didn't care...

Lotta cuties in there, though...especially the granddaughter in the beginning...she has a sort of Kaley Cuoco look to her...
Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote