View Single Post
Old 2010-09-28, 13:02   Link #2165
user112168
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
I think his line "pretending not to notice a lot of things" doesn't have anything to do with the girls. It's more like his responsibility to Frontier as a soldier since all this time he's been fighting all along for Ranka, and now that Frontier is in whack, he can't ignore it. Just my two cents. (that's worth a million)
Yeah, but the only thing we're shown while he says this is the first glimpse of Sheryl, and he's discussing what he did during the time he was fighting to protect Ranka.

And that damage to Frontier was all new - not something he was previously ignoring. He never ignored Frontier anyway - always did his duty.

The need to "pretend not to notice" in itself implies he loved Sheryl TOO (which gradually increased). If he didn't, then he would've just told her to buzz off right at the start, he wouldn't have needed to pretend. You only pretend to ignore someones advances when you actually really want them, but feel you can't have them for whatever reason (i.e. already feel committed to someone else)

Last edited by user112168; 2010-09-28 at 13:23.