View Single Post
Old 2010-11-16, 05:07   Link #197
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Yeah, but I cannot remember if Lucile made those pacts at the moment he ate Eris. Because, by that point, he was already fucked up in the head.

I always thought they are different aspects of the same being.

What'd I like to see is Ryner losing some of his sanity, because even though he's had his depression going on for ages already, that's nothing compared to how cool it'd be if he actually started showing a bloodthirsty side. But well, I probably wouldn't want that, since that'd probably make Ferris use the God Devourer on her sword to set Ryner straight again, and she'd have to die for that and I do not want that.

I guess just want many things to go awry, starting with Sion. Hell, there are no words to express how much I dislike him. I really want to see him go beyond the point of redemption (in Ryner's eyes, this is). But well, the storytelling has made it (tacitly) clear nothing like that will happen.

Either way, I wonder what a being with both "The Solver of all Equations" and "The Compiler of all Equations" would be like.
Shinyuuden vol.5 made it sound like he was gradually consuming other demons in the few years it took for him to completely devour Eris, but devouring Eris' soul was definitely the point of no return in terms of his sanity. I guess his insanity could partially stem from the conflict between his own wishes and Eris' wishes, because even though Eris willingly gave himself up to be devoured, Lucile still inherited Eris's loneliness, hunger and love for the hero. At the same time, Lucile himself only wishes to protect Ferris, and has to consciously suppress the demon's will.

However, Ryner's wishes were concordant with the demon's to begin with(and someone theorized that it made him closer to the essence of Ryner Eris Reed...or something along the lines of that), so I guess he was more...at peace? Compared to Lucile.

I haven't read about it yet, but apparently it's stated/implied that Ryner Eris Reed at his full power is leagues above Milk in Goddess mode, who pretty much OHKO'd Lucile. I think that places him at Author Weight.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote