View Single Post
Old 2013-03-17, 10:44   Link #55
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I can't recall Yakomaru ever being honest like that.
Yakomaru has told the truth at times before. He has told the truth about very troubling matters (such as what was done to his Queen).

Quote:
Do you actually think if the situation was reversed he would tell them the truth?
If he felt it would garner more trust from Saki and Satoru, yes, I do. Why wouldn't he? It would be pragmatic of him.

Quote:
Even in the queen situation he told them only after he could not hide the truth and he still tried to make excuses.
Is a valid explanation "making excuses" to you?

Quote:
Kiromaru told them the truth and made no excuses.
He made excuses just as much as Yakomaru did.

Quote:
They are still complete opposites to me.
No, they're not. Not at all. There are important similarities between the two of them.

Quote:
No Kiroumaru isn't a yes man to the humans but that is not what made him different from Yakomaru.
Loyalty to humans was a big part of what made Kiroumaru different from Yakumaru. So much for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Ooh? You are too quick to dismiss a rhetorical argument with petty logic here, don't you think?
No, I don't. There's nothing "petty" about my logic. If you speak in absolutes without having just reason for doing so then be prepared to be called on it. And what's pretty, imo, is hating Yakomaru so much and loving Kiroumaru so much that you absolutely refuse to accept that there are notable similarities between the two. I think people here are far too quick to assume the absolute worst about Yakomaru, and assume the absolute best about Kiroumaru, for very little good reason. Like Repelsteeltju, I'm getting sick and tired of this frankly lazy character evaluation that completely lacks even a semblance of real nuance.

Quote:
Ugh. Kiroumaru and his men were in it together. He risked his life in an expedition himself. Yakomaru uses his men as slave. He would never risk his life in just an expedition. His being there in a hunt with his trump card on the line is different.
I completely disagree. Yakomaru is definitely risking his life on this expedition. It is far from inconceivable that he could end up getting killed by Saki or Satoru. In fact, that's looking very likely to me right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repelsteeltju View Post

Jog my memory would you please. Which one of them lined his own unarmed soldiers up to be slaughtered so that he alone could escape?
Excellent point. Seems rather odd for a Commander who was "in it together" with his men...

Quote:
You seem to have mixed feudalism and democratcy a bit. Also blind presumptuous Yakomaru hate has gotten rather dull.
Agreed. It's really getting out of hand.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-03-17 at 10:56.