View Single Post
Old 2013-06-02, 14:34   Link #54
apotheosis
Shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
What does "partially human" mean exactly? Chimps' DNA is 99% identical to that of a human, they still are not human.

Are these things closer to humans than chimps? They sure don't look so.

I'd rather focus on whether they are sentient or not. the Hideauze on space seems to be sentient creatures and therefore deserve to be treated like you'd treat another human, even if they are not.

Regarding the whalesquid I'm more inclined to agree with Aohige that those are just the symbiont that were created and that their vaguely human morphology comes from the fact that they were design to merge with humans. They probably have a lot of human DNA still.

I'd say that they are mainly mindless given the way they act. I might be mistaken but if they aren't, then their aggressive behavior is quite hard to justify. There was no need to kill Pinion's brother and there was no point in attacking Bellows.
They killed Pinion's brother for entering their nest IMO. This is an instinctive behavior that makes them seem more animal than sentient.

The space Hideaze don't seem anymore sentient to me, just better fighters, but we haven't seen very much of them.