Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-09, 08:57   Link #3020
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Well, I did a little digging (not a lot, but a bit) and it's not so much word of god as it's literally what happens in the Manga/Anime. The fact that she altered the shape of her body in and of itself is proof (and has been observed by other characters as such).

That's not to say that she doesn't use other types ever. I mean, her Beautician thing or whatever that thing is called is clearly something done by Conjuration, and I don't doubt some Manipulation is used. But the fact that her basic nature is a Transmuter is a stated fact.

Again: It's like Razor, who is an Emitter, but still uses the devils to great effect.
Altering bodies is not clearly transmutation. Transmutation, as far as we've ever seen, is 100% about manipulation of the aura itself. That's why we see training exercises like forming numbers from 0-9. It's about fine-tuned control of what your aura is. The examples we see of transmutation hatsu are people who give tendrils of aura specific and useful properties. Gum, string, electricity... not one of them changes the form of a pre-existing object. Based on what we know of the categories, that sort of change is far more likely to be manipulation. Don't get too caught up on the name and ignore literally everything else we've ever been told.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote