View Single Post
Old 2012-07-31, 08:42   Link #667
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaXa View Post
yes... and the next step of the argument was... an AI who plays a game is a NPC.
Nope. An AI that's designed to be a NPC in a game is an NPC, an AI that is designed to run aspects of the game in the background is NOT an NPC, and a Foreign AI that is not part of the game playing the actual game is definitely NOT an NPC.

Quote:
I wrote earlyer that an AI doesn't have to be a NPC. Just an AI in a game is always a NPC...
We are talking about Yui in the game... the character in the game... controlled by the AI - which makes the Character in the game a NPC.
And the issue with Yui is that she doesn't just exist in a game, she exists OUTSIDE of the game.

Quote:
Yes but we treat a person that has braindamage better than the smartest salad on the planet.
sigh, did you not read what I wrote, or are you just incapable of comprehending what you read? show me a fully sentient and self-aware AI or a little green man from outer space, or a talking dolphin or mayhaps a talking apple tree, then we can have meaningful discussions on the basic rights of non-human life.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote