View Single Post
Old 2008-07-03, 05:03   Link #491
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Wesley your comment comes across like this "I've watched 45 episodes of Bleach, why do Bleach fans think Aizen's an awesome bad guy, he's not even a badguy!!??".
Except people seem to have hated Minmei and loved Misa right off the bat. That's where my confusion comes in, because as near as I can tell is that so far Minmei's only guilty of sending mixed signals to Hikaru, while Misa let's things, small borderline insignificant things, effect her judgement. Badly that is.

Quote:
While Sheryl is Sheryl, she does come across as a mixture of Misa Hayase and DYRL Minmei which I must say is a perfect match.
I'd compare Sheryl to Misa only in that their storylines are both badly written.

Quote:
There's a difference in what those tickets were used for. Ranka is using them as the main part of her present for Alto's birthday. Sheryl's were a thank you for the day out the had together. A day that at the time probably would have been either the last or second to last time they potentially ever saw each other. It was the only thing at the time she could offer. Unlike Ranka who lives on the same fleet as Alto and has friends who are also his friends and could help her with her decisions. Using the Sheryl gave hm tickets response doesn't work snce it's totally different circumstances. Now if the had been presented in the same way, then yes it could. But they weren't.
Actually Ranka was giving him the tickets as a thank you for his part in the movie. She probably would have given them to him regardless of the fact it was his birthday or not. The real birthday present was obviously the invitation to meet her at the Observatory where she'd give him airplane cookies made with a questionable recipe.

And that Sheryl was leaving makes all the difference? What kind of reasoning is that?