View Single Post
Old 2010-08-05, 14:37   Link #30
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
There are also devices like Cross Mirage, which, while being two pistols for the most part, is considered a single Device.

Basically, what I wanted to know when I brought up the subject in the Q&A is whether or not a mage would suffer consequences, be it physical, mental, or magical, should he try to use two separate Intelligent Devices at once.
For the most part, we don't know for sure. My logical conclusion is that it probably depends on mage, and how well the devices are built/tuned. I mean, a human can hold a handgun in each hand and use them both, but it depends upon person as to whether they can use both well.

If built well, the devices shouldn't strain, but help out.

Now, if you're talking about Nanoha picking Bardiche up and using that in the midst of battle along with Raging Heart, that would be interesting. Bardiche may be tuned more towards Fate, and thus Nanoha probably couldn't use it as well as Fate, but she technically might get some use out of it. On the other hand, she might not bother because she can use RH to great effect already. Simple more hassle to pick up another device.

So you'd have to clarify whether the second device would be built/tuned for the mage, or whether you have them picking something up on the fly.