Thread: Plothole!!!
View Single Post
Old 2006-02-20, 02:23   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

By that point, I think most of us had registered so many plot holes we were kind of "eh" to it.

The existence of Mayumi (a human-demon hybrid) was thought to be a major plothole. The portals had only been in existence for 10 years. Yet here is 17 yr old Mayumi who has been openly hybrid for her whole life as far as we know.

Reviewing the series... I caught Nadesico's lecture about how some people had slipped across the boundaries before the portals (a foreshadowing of Ama-san's secret). I suddenly realized Mayumi's parents had met in a similar way.. but once the portals opened up -- her parents and her must have immediately revealed themselves instead of keeping it secret. Unanswered is how Mayumi's demon parent arrived since they weren't involved in any experiment.

There were a number of plotholes throughout the series..... the boxcutter drop ---- would have made more sense if Rin had been another half flight down directly below Kaede..... I'd classify it more as poor scene design than a plothole.