Thread: Crunchyroll Dog Days' (Dash) [2nd season]
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-30, 08:13   Link #2048
Seiryuu

What can I say about this season? "Much adog about nothing" is probably the best way to sum it up. Nothing really happened. There were plenty of things opened up to allow development, but nothing was ever actually done with it.

That's not to say it was bad; the possibilities weren't entirely discarded or blocked, so there's potential for something to develop, but nothing seriously developed in these 13 eps. As a complete story, this is not worth much, but this season could work well as a setup for future stories. That's why I seriously hope a new season comes out, and relatively soon. I want to see Becky and Nanami in truly serious situations, where there really is a great deal at stake.

And maybe make the characters look just a bit older, since it'll be a while before the next break so at their age the development should be apparent. Not to mention this could help with the dissonance of "Hero-time" Cinque with Becky and the princess (a friend of mine for some reason seriously didn't like that).

One possibility that was definitely brought forth despite being quickly dumbed down is that demon cave. Supposedly the demons there were "sick" and are "healing", but if this illness is one of the soul, of anger and hate, then there's no telling whether the sealed being will return to peace or grow ever darker, crueler and more powerful until the seal can't hold them. Also, I still seriously want to know more about just what happened that turned a semi-heroic pervert into a king of demons, and what made him go back to being just a perv with good intentions.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote