View Single Post
Old 2013-03-16, 05:41   Link #149
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiyumi View Post
You have it backward. It was mean as a bonus for player: "Learning from battle will not cost you Bonus Point".
That would violate the principle of "equal level, equal potential." There would be many Duel Avatars going around that were simply weaker than others, and many (especially Children with the benefit of Parent guidance) that were more powerful than others.

If this were true, then Kuroyukihime and Takumu would have been EXTREMELY insistent that Haruyuki attempt to discover anything and everything about Silver Crow before moving on to Level 2.

But no one ever mentions this as a method by which one avatar can be stronger than another, or as a trap to beware.

Quote:
To back up my statement, let introduce our guest <<Ash Roller>>. His Limit Skill "Vertical Climb" is the same type with Flight
It is a Limit Skill, but that doesn't make it the same.

Flight was the power around which Silver Crow was fully designed. For Ash Roller, it was the Enhanced Armament: Night Rocker.

Vertical Climb was unnecessary for the Night Rocker. It was simply a bonus; a bonus that would improve the overall potential of Ash Roller.

It doesn't necessarily follow that just because SOME Limit Skills can be learned rather than bought, that all Limit Skills relate to an avatar's potential in the same way.

If Haruyuki had not discovered Silver Crow's hidden ability, I'm sure that he could have unlocked it later without needing to buy it with a bonus. (Indeed, potential bonuses might even revealed its existence, unless the relevant bonuses remain hidden as well.)

Since Duel Avatars only improve a little from Leveling Up (outside of the expansion of their bonus choice), I'm sure any hidden Limit Skills must be Level 1. That is, an avatar doesn't gain any more hidden powers to unlock.

So after the avatar is created, there may be hidden Limit Skills, but it doesn't gain any more of them unless the player chooses them with bonuses. Since the player deliberately chooses them, these abilities are not hidden.

At the same time, the avatar doesn't LOSE any potential if the avatar levels up before the hidden skills are revealed. They remain part of the avatar; they are already there, they don't need to be bought. They simply need to be found.

I feel confident, now, that Dusk Taker WAS created with some kind of Limit Ability that Noumi somehow, for some reason, never learned. Since Limit Abilities would offer a way to spend his SP, an avatar with one of those doesn't technically need a Special Move.

Heck, Silver Crow's Special Move is significantly less impressive than his Limit Ability; his Aviation Punch and Kick are more useful than Headbutt.

Noumi COULD have unlocked his hidden power after getting Demonic Commandeer, but I would guess that he was fully satisfied with DC and didn't think to look for any other power.

He didn't realize that he must have some other power because his brother/Parent didn't really teach him how avatar potential worked, and it was only after he bought DC that the Research Society found him. With a power like DC, it would have been easy for them to mistakenly conclude that there wasn't any other hidden depths to his avatar.

The interesting puzzle now becomes: What kind of Passive or Limit Ability could Dusk Taker possible have had, to use up so much of his avatar's potential in the way of Aviation and the Night Rocker?

What sort of power would make sense for an avatar which could gain a Special Move like Demonic Commandeer?

(Assuming that DC started out much more humbly. Dusk Taker didn't destroy his brother until he reached at least Level 4 and ambushed him in the Unlimited Neutral Field, which meant two other bonuses he could have -- and probably did -- sink into upgrading Demonic Commandeer. A Level 2-to-4 power.)

(Also assuming that he got DC as early as Level 2. Perhaps he got the whole power at Level 4, and gained multiple levels through sheer hardwork, while getting only Level 5 through blackmail? Or was he Level 4 when he met Haru, I forget.)

Quote:
Seven Sacred Arcs were based on this constellation.
I said that, didn't I? I said that.

I asked if there was any known reason for that association. Or any theories.