View Single Post
Old 2012-01-10, 09:07   Link #167
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
She kidnapped him and told him she was the only person allowed to kill him, how can she not be considered Yandere after that?
Because she almost never says what she actually means. Mainly because she has trouble doing so. (I'm reminded of her specifically in episode 12 of Bake, where she had trouble expressing that she wanted a date. And then a kiss)

"I am the only person allowed to kill you." references the obvious: the Suruga Monkey arc and particularly its solution. During which she basically said outright that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
"I'm scared that if I leave you to your own devices, you're going to get yourself killed."
She hasn't actually been dangerous to him since Hitagi Crab part 1, even if their repartee may make it look otherwise (particularly in Crab part 2, where I think she was truly grateful that he wanted to help, but not quite trusting that he was genuine). She clearly warmed to him after her own arc, and has started to break down the walls between them since.

I think the whole point of the first scene in Nisemonogatari is to make us think she's backsliding (and make Araragi afraid she's backsliding a bit), and he then looks back over the events of the day to determine what she could be after.

And why she's likely not backsliding after all. She's not fully healed (she never was; Mayoi Snail and her lack of self-confidence in ep 12 remain damning evidence), but she's not who we met in the first episode of Bakemonogatari either.

As Koyomi's narration mentioned, she's probably enjoying this as play. But after seeing how she reacted to an actual threat on Koyomi's life in Suruga Monkey... I don't buy her doing this for a reason that (at the very least) she doesn't see as in Koyomi's best interest.