Thread: Koukou Debut!
View Single Post
Old 2007-06-02, 13:47   Link #9
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I saw Alice Elliot's recommendation, so I nabbed the first three chapters... I think the storyline is interesting, but the style doesn't suit my taste.

An example of what kind of gets to me: on page 64 of chapter two, Yoh grabs the necklace and then snaps it and throws it away. But.. there was a blood spatter on the page? Eep, hope the wound heals quickly. And then on the very next page, Haruna bends over to retrieve it from the trash with the thought bubble, "I guess I'll take it as a memory."

The blood spatter was a one-time thing, but I feel like the comic is too wordy... the text revealing too much happened a *lot* in the first chapter. I would've much preferred that it was shown that she stooped and retrieved the necklace without her thoughts being revealed to us... I guess it's just that I feel like everything's out in the open and there isn't any mystery (ah, another example on page 76 of the same chapter... revealing that Yoh was hated for his popularity... shouldn't that be saved for later on?). x_x;

I'm still going to follow it, as I think the story is interesting... but I may end up dropping it later on. (Hope no one took my criticism personally. *swt!*)