View Single Post
Old 2007-06-18, 15:59   Link #72
Boukenxha

IIRC Mayuko never once talked to Yorito nor Aono. The only person she is close to other than Takeshi is Matsuri. So I believe out Of the 3 people involved, only Matsuri's sacrifice will make her concern enough to want to step in and stop her. That's why she left, because she knows Matsuri is dead serious and she can't persuade her otherwise. Secondly, she can't bear to watch it any further. However the interesting thing I've just realised is that Mayuko's feelings could set herself up for a surprising return. What are the chances of her reappearing just in time to put a stop to Matsuri's crazy plan? I think it's 50-50.

I've also thought over the reason why Yorito would agree to Matsuri's sacrifice.

Spoiler for speculation:

Ok, now here's a piece of speculation I thought of. Just be warned that after I read through it a few times, I think it isn't good. The ending is unsatisfying and anti-climatic. I guess there's really no way that a happy ending can fit is there? Moreover, it does not link back to Yorito's promise to show Matsuri the blue sky. And oh some of my ideas are similar to what johnishida posted.

Spoiler for speculation: