View Single Post
Old 2013-02-02, 05:26   Link #5820
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
You need an NJC for nuclear weapons to work, which I don't believe Orb has. Also, Orb is certainly not the kind of country to use such weapons.
You don't have to use them. The whole point of nuclear weapons these days is that you won't need to use them.

Quote:
Based on what? What could they reasonably expect from the EA?
An EA unwilling to once again invade a country that was more trouble than it was worth? Deterrence is a default move btw. It should be something they should try first anyway unless there's reason not to.

Quote:
Kusanagi could never hold the full force and they had nowhere to evacuate.

Keep in mind that the evacuation mentioned in SEED was about evacuating civilians from near the battle sites to other islands in Orb. But the EA eventually took over Orb anyway.
What exactly is your point here? The fact still remains that there was little to no resistance from Orb after the Mass Driver destruction and they EA might as well take over to prevent resistance from forming and maybe gain valuable intel and data.

Quote:
Deterrence requires power. During the Cold War, both the US and the USSR used the threat of nuclear weapons as a deterrence. Orb had no such thing when going against the EA.
You think deterrence only requires nuclear power?

Quote:
I'm trying to show you the EA's character. The specific timeline doesn't really matter.
And I'm trying to show you Orb's character where the specific timeline does matter.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote