View Single Post
Old 2012-04-01, 08:24   Link #291
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Both Kanon/Clannad basically shared the majority of the staff working on it, so if this turns out to be KyoAni, chances are we'll be seeing Ishihara directing with Fumihiko Shimo writing. The major change might be the absence of Kazumi Ikeda as the character designer, and having someone new responsible for that, as well as a new Chief Animation Director, seeing as Ikeda also filled that role for Clannad and Kanon.

That said though, I don't know. I am of the opinion that Key/Kyoto shows look very good, and overall the presentation is flawless, but at the same time, when animation is concerned, they're not usually the most impressive stuff Kyoto has done. I feel that K-ON, in particular S2, really improved their overall quality on that front, with Horiguchi doing a fantastic job on it. And last year's Nichijou was also quite interesting, because at times it felt downright experimental for them. Some of the cuts were reallly unlike Kyoto, like the hallway running ones and all.

But eh, all that's left is waiting for an actual announcement on studio and staff.