View Single Post
Old 2011-06-14, 01:17   Link #11217
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGale View Post
the current Touma even denied the need of heroes but the previous one called himself one when he decided how to save Index, thatīs quite a gap.
For what I remember this is a "major" miss translation (well, it's not major but it can be taken the "other way" on how it's phrased) and it always strucks me how this line is quoted just everywhere. The original text said something like "I don't want to be a hero" and then he looked his right hand and said "But I'll get to be the hero". The sentence implied that that he has no interest in being a hero, but since he is forced to have the imagine breaker and the imagine breaker is just was needed to save Index, he'll have to play the hero for once; even though that normally useless hand that he has doesn't raise his bad scores and keeps him unpopular with the girls and the other bad things.

Even going further, that he uses the Kanji of "Main character" for that expression (and the furigana of Hero), so that already changes the "hero" meaning of the word.

To me the biggest thing about old Touma is that he referred to God and "His system", something that the new Touma hasn't done at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Also, on who has the greatest man-crush on Touma? Aleister does of course. He's a very creepy Yandere, I mean, he already said no one else is allowed to have Touma, and gave orders to have him brought back forcibly no matter what.
For some reason I kinda like this thinking.... I'm scarred of myself.