View Single Post
Old 2013-01-03, 01:20   Link #2368
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
I say they are both amazing, so by definition you did agree with me there Lhklan. And I know the author decides what to put in, what I have been trying to say is this: add other styles could help to make the story even a little more rich. And yes, if a writer can't figure out how to fit an element with the story is really incompetent. Our author already mention the 800 types magic but he could not make them play a role, so really why he even bother with that? I can’t help to wonder. And I do write fanfiction, I know isn’t easy to write a story but when you sell your story then you better expect to be criticize.

Magic, lazy writing… is funny how both can be so similar in times like this when there isn’t a clear explanation. Just saying. I was under the impression defensive spells are all visible, but I could be wrong so what is an example of an invisible barrier? Unless you mean the ones on the Barrier Jacket which still look like armor so I really don’t know. If you could help me with that Keroko will be great. And I do say the golems on season 1 look more efficient than the soldiers of the TSAB so I will have to wonder how effective armies really are in the Nanoha universe. And I don’t think we need to see Lutecia and the Witch fight just to get other styles, we had plenty of opportunities to see them prior to that.
First: Nope.jpg. You said that "It's harder to blow up a drone army than a human one" and "They're both amazing'. Not agreeing with the first, so technically it's not a full agreement.

Second: Uh huh. More rich, and utterly and completely pointless. After this tournament, they won't stay here. They'll go back to their home planet. So chance of them reappearing = very low. Thus, why introduce a character and style only to have them disappear after that?

You said that if a writer can't figure out how to fit an element with the story is really incompetent. Again, fitting a new style into the story is extremely hard. I noticed you never answered some of my hypothetical questions. I'll ask again: Why introduce a new style when there's already a best? If you do that, people are gonna start asking: Wait, why didn't they use the old style? It's better, right? If it's so strong, how come no one heard of it before? And why it only appears NOW of all time?

If you knew that it isn't easy to write a story, why are you pressuring them over such a minor matters? Unlike you, who have the luxury of writing and posting whenever you want, they don't have that. They have a deadline to meet. So they have to make do with what they got. Instead of spending time inventing a new and utterly pointless style, they can just pick an old one, tweak it, insert it in and then make the plot moving.

As for invisible barriers... Really, if it's visible, then what's the point of a barrier to keep out non magic people? They don't even need to enter, they just need to look at the big dome covering an area. We've always seen things from the Nanoha gang's perspective aka people with magic. We never see it from the mundane side.

You also said that you "wonder how effective armies really are in the Nanoha universe". Well, here's a ssomething for you to chew ont: Golems are programmed by human. Ergo, how effective said golems are depend on how the programmer is. If the man is a good tactician, then they're a good army. If he's not, then they're nothing more than a bunch of scrap metals.

Also, I have a question: If you focus on the minor details and complain about them so much, how the fuck can you enjoy the story?
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote