View Single Post
Old 2013-02-25, 19:34   Link #9
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
Also, more questions, maybe a bit more about romanization in general rather than just titles but,
ha vs wa, wo vs o, etc.
how do you handle mini yx sounds (Nichijou vs Nichijyou vs Nichizyou)
Personally, I prefer to stick with Hepburn as much as possible in almost all cases. So, Nichijou as opposed to the others.

As for the capitalization, I prefer to not capitalize particles. Sometimes I might not capitalize certain other grammatical constructs, like "desu" or "demo". For example, "Kore wa Zombie desu ka?" (Debatable if it should be "desuka" in this case.) I also did "Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!" I've seen some other sites follow the same rule.

That aside, sometimes I'm undecided about the "he" and "wo" particles, and it seems I'm not alone on that. Looking at my history, I've generally tended to write them out as above, rather than following the revised Hepburn rule of "e" and "o". That said, I do use the modified rule for "n", as I think most do. (Basically, I guess I just write out each kana in romaji.)

And, for what it's worth, I dislike macrons, so always write the long vowels out.

I'm not sure if any of this is all that important unless you're maintaining some sort of a database (which I do) or you just like having personal standards... but there you go.