View Single Post
Old 2012-07-26, 00:57   Link #17
BigOnAnime

This season was a complete and utter letdown for me. I was really into Shana three years ago (S1 and S2 used to be 9/10's for me-today 8/10's), but season 3 was a trainwreck in my eyes.

So many things went wrong. To name some...

-Things make practically no sense, and episode 14 was very facepalming for me. It proved why the (boring) war was completely pointless.
-Adding so many characters out of nowhere, and not even bothering to develop them. Why am I supposed to care about these people? Who are they? Where did they come from? They basically popped out of thin air. I mean Bal Masque went from a couple of people to an entire army.
-The very erratic pacing. It's completely out there, it ends up being really slow, and then decides to be really fast.
-The gap between season 2 and season 3, when I went into season 3, it was a bunch of "What?".

I was going to give the series a 4/10, but then the ending came in, and it was decent. That's the only thing that holds together my 5/10. Really, the only redeemable thing for me in this entire season was the ending.