View Single Post
Old 2012-12-13, 20:12   Link #5264
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
I recognize that she wasn't in two arcs (actually she was in Edolas before ft got absorbed). However that is my point Hiro ignores her quite often and when he does use her its mostly for gags. What I want is something else just so she'll come off as a multidimensional character... potentially she could be an amazing character, however she just always ends up sidelined.

As to me being satisfied knowing what's coming... not so much. The only real development her plot line got thus far, she wasn't even in the scene (that said it was set up, so really hoping we'll get more later). The rest of it we've all seen before.

Once again she's funny and I'm looking forward to some of her upcoming jokes but that's all I'm looking forward to with her... I have hope one scene will be fleshed out but the arc isn't over yet so just maybe Juvia will actually get more development.
I would hope she would (and if you've read the manga, you should realize that development on a certain front seems to be coming). But one has to realize that she is a side character. Gajeel hasn't had much development, either, ever since he hitched up. He's just the standard tough guy. Same with several other side characters. I usually don't expect side characters to get much development, and FT has mainly used them for comedic relief, although I'll grant that whether someone's comedic quirk is actually funny or not, is purely subjective. I didn't find Gajeel's singing gag to be funny, after all.

And try not to let "anti" fans get to you. These are sad, sad people, who have let hate totally consume them.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote