View Single Post
Old 2012-08-14, 16:26   Link #30013
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
For Hideyoshi's murder, I've always wondered if Rudolf (or Kyrie, since that's apparently what the manga shows) shot him, then Eva staked what she assumed was his corpse, but then realised he wasn't actually quite dead until she staked him.

It explains the "How careless. He was still living..." on the tips screen and also why Eva is shown wondering to herself "Did I kill...that person? Did I kill...him?" later. It might also explain why she refers to herself as 'the culprit' at the end.
The problem would be where Eva would get the stake and why she would use them.
The stakes should have been in Yasu's possession, since she likely planned to use them for her murder game.
Once Eva solved things it would look weird if Shannon had handed her the stakes... unless she knew she was going to resume murdering people and wanted her to follow her methods (the stakes weren't used before so Eva couldn't know about them).
Kyrie and Rudolf should be dead by the time Battler saw them as Rudolf clearly had a hole in his head and Kyrie a stake in her body so, if Eva is the killer, we would have the problem of who killed George and Nanjo.
We know Eva couldn't have killed Nanjo and I've hard time picturing her killing George.

Even if we assume Battler didn't properly check Hideyoshi, I've the same amount of troubles believing Hideyoshi killed George.

Plus we should need to find a way for Hideyoshi to cheat with the red.

Personally it's easier to think Eva was manipulated like Natsuhi and that she believed that, due to her actions, she caused someone's death. In short she could have saved person X had she done Y but she didn't and so person X is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Except Shkanon is just as bad, because it requires red cheating and killing Nanjo with no motive.
Theoretically the motive can be that Nanjo saved her life... but she would have preferred to die due to her body unable to be loved.

What I'm annoyed at is that after getting so much ranting about the motive and how it's tied to the heart and so on PieceShannon's motive is that basically she went mad and so decided to murder everyone around her who did something that upset her. Sometimes not even that as i doubt Hideyoshi did something against her. We never hear him saying he would be against george dating Shannon and he's always nice with her.
Gohda could have been annoying but really, the world has many guys like him and they end up killed because they're annoying only when they end up crossing the road of someone who's temporally or permanently out of his mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Except there's no point in doing it then, or doing it at all. There's a bomb. The bomb kills everyone. Nanjo presumably doesn't know about it (which is, at least, one reason to kill Genji directly, since he does). Per this solution, Shkanon was perfectly willing to fake being Kanon and comfort Jessica and apparently not kill her, but Nanjo had to get shot point-blank instead of just leaving him to explode alongside Eva, Battler, and Jessica?
The interesting part is that actually we don't know what happened to Jessica. We've a fantasy scene in which Kanon took her in the parlour... but who said Yasu didn't kill her once she got there? Or that he planned to kill her but was... let's say distracted by Eva shooting at Battler, went to check without being seen by Eva, discovered Battler dead, shoot herself and let Eva shoot Jessica since Eva believed Jessica killed Nanjo?

The truth is the game paused and on Jessica's fate is put a big question mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
And since personality death red evasion is not only valid but entirely acceptable and considered by Ryukishi to be the proper solution, literally anyone is a valid answer for the mystery.
Theoretically yes, but then you should prove that said person had another personality as you can't solve the story without hints.
On the other side Umineko sometimes has a bizzarre idea of what's acceptable in the human world and what's not and leaves you a lot of freedom so you can force another solution but... hum... what would be the point in forcing another solution?
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote