View Single Post
Old 2008-03-27, 01:43   Link #252
jaisrh

After thinking about it, I think that the whole Raigomaru and Jibeta thing from Noe's perspective is kind of bizarre from a more impartial viewpoint. I can actually relate a bit to Shin using them as metaphors as opposed to Noe actually physically trying to fly because she equates humans to chicken (does'nt Noe know that chicken can't actually fly anyway, just like humans?). She did take the metaphor too literally when she decided to jump.

I think it underscores Noe's need to grow up by regaining her ability to cry. Her emotional and mental development has been stunted ever since she "lost" the ability to cry. She is sometimes perceived as being mature while being considered strong as mentioned by a couple of the other characters yet I think that perception could just be a side effect of her not being able to cry. Jun himself said that Noe used to cry all the time until her grandmother "took" her tears away. So will Noe become more "normal" instead of being eccentric after she regains her tears and grows up?