Thread: Licensed Ro-Kyu-Bu! [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-03, 06:45   Link #707
Seiryuu

Judging from others, I'd probably have similar complaints about the current spot if I could find the volumes somewhere (I'm good enough at kanji to make things out, but bad enough that I wouldn't be surprised if one short volume could take me months). Perhaps things will be brought in later. It wouldn't hurt to have a semi-end followed by concluding OVAs. Either way I didn't catch anything that doesn't currently make sense from my blank-slate viewpoint. Having knowledge of the original can be both a good thing and a bad I guess.

Anyway, now I know why that one woman decided to be a grade-school nurse... And she and Mihoshi make a bad combo. It's very bad to immediately assume that a person harbors feelings of romance or lust toward certain people. It doesn't matter if it's Mihoshi punishing him for his assumed perversions, or the nurse declaring her support and understanding of why he should feel that way. Both cases are too fast to jump to conclusions and blow things out of proportion, and I've actually heard of people who've "realized" how they "really feel" because of overzealous persecution and/or support. Just like trying to avoid looking like a lolicon forces him to look for the sexual side of things, forcing him to defend himself or explaining in detail the charm of the lolis pushes him further in the wrong direction. Doesn't help that Mihoshi enjoys helping the girls seduce Subaru anytime she can.

Frankly, Mihoshi might be better off leaving it to the girls. While occasionally things get dangerous, chances are that at least one of them will say something stupid that will remind him that they're just kids. Even if they talk about choosing a "bold" swimsuit with which to "seduce" Subaru.

That said, I AM just a little disappointed that the show's focusing so excessively on the fanservice aspect, to the point that it could get in the way of real plot. Bath shots are ok if done sparingly or with some sort of good pretense, but doing them every single ep and having conversations that could just as easily be done elsewhere is overboard.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote