Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-26, 12:20   Link #6958
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7108423.ece

A science teacher shouted "die, die, die," as he beat one of his pupils around the head with a dumbbell, a court heard today.
Peter Harvey, 50, attacked the 14-year-old with the 3kg weight after he confronted the child for misbehaving in class, Nottingham Crown Court was told.
Stuart Rafferty QC, prosecuting, told the jury that Mr Harvey had previously taken several months off work after warning that he might harm somebody at school, but was "well, happy and in a positive frame of mind" on the morning of the attack.

we keep hearing about students snapping but i was wondering when we hear about a teacher snapping.

Quote:
BTW, I'm not trying to blame Chavez on Bush. I'm just saying being kidnapped and receiving assassination threats from the US, in the context of a long history of aggression (economic and military) against leftist Latin American leaders, is not going to encourage moderation and liberalization. The US needs to come up with another strategy for working with governments in our hemisphere, if we really want to encourage the development of respect for human rights and respect for civil society.
it is not the US responsibility to promote Human rights and democracy in SA. It is South American countries own decision to decide on what they want.