View Single Post
Old 2013-05-20, 15:56   Link #32355
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Killing people for the gold only works if you're an idiot who doesn't know the fundamental basics of economics and judicial procedure. Gold can't be an incentive unless everyone on the island is retarded.
Just co-signing onto this sentiment, again. Wanting gold is pretty beleivable. Killing for gold does NOT MAKE SENSE, though.

Also, on the matter of the gold being worthless - that's not entirely true. Even if it was difficult, and they didn't exchange them at the proper rates, a single ingot would probably still net a bunch ton of money. The problem as I understood it in EP7 was that it would be improbable to do anything with THAT MUCH gold, especially since it's unmarked and questionably legal in the first place.

If, say, Rosa though, took a single ingot, claiming it was a parting gift from Kinzo (who is well known to MAYBE have gold lying around), she can probably get something for it, right..? ...right? I'm not knowledgable in how that kinda stuff works, but that at least sounds very common-sense to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormin View Post
I don't know even if it is legal to actually decide about inheritance by some riddle. Also, if crossdressing teenager girl/boy suddenly appears in front of highly intellect individuals and tells that she is now the new head, how do you think the sisters would actually react? Would they accept her, or would they find some legal trick to have the gold out of her hands? They have no way of knowing that she is actually even related, maybe the word of genji, that also was seen very untrustable as a servant of kinzo from the pov of other relatives.
Of course the epitaph has no legal standing. It's only from Genji's single throwaway line in EP7 about Kinzo "having already drawn up the papers" that we can assume she's got any possible legal clout at all. The adults stated early on that the Ushiromiya assets are quite varied, and would be awkward to clearly liquidate / divide between themselves, so I imagine the document probably just acknowledges Yasu as a successor at least being equal to the siblings, and the "Head" in name only, or maybe that she has control of his estate, or however that works.

Regarding acknowledgement, well, is Yasu played her cards right, it certainly COULD work, if she was a Head moreso in name, like Young-Kinzo, or Ange after basically leaving all the actual work to Okonogi. Andliterally the only people to really care about gaining the headship are Kratsuhi and Eva. Rudolf and Rosa just want their share of things.

Also, I would mention that Genji, while just a servant, has been mentioned several times as being more or less a third parent to the adults, and his word carries nearly as much weight as Kinzo's probably would. When Beatrice wants to convince Kratsuhi of the bomb's realness, she has the words come from Genji to give them a trustworthy weight. What I'm saying is, if Genji was suddenly like "Yeah, she's totally Kinzo's secret baby. Your dad was in a pretty bad way, guys." I doubt they'd write him off as just LYING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Regarding Episode 4, I mentioned that it is quite possible for Gohda and Kumasawa to be acting on the belief that everything is just a game and no murders have actually happened. It might even be possible to set things up so that Krauss, Kyrie, Nanjo, and Jessica believe everything's a game.
Gohda and Kumasawa almost certainly thought things were a game. In Our Confessions they are blatantly lied to.

Quote:
(Did Jessica reveal that she knew George was killed outside?)
Yes, she did. She mentioned that he had died quickly, in the rose garden, in a spot that can't be seen from her own room. For what's it worth, don't forget George is the only person we KNOW was dead by the time Battler talked to Beatrice in EP4, since he passed the body, out in the rain.

Quote:
I can believe in an accomplice who goes along because of a threat that can not be directly countered. (Natsuhi in Ep. 5 goes along because of a threat against Krauss.)
Eh, I wouldn't call Natsuhi an accomplice there. The EP8 manga seems to confirm that Yasu was just troll-framing her for the hell of it in EP5.

Quote:
So I can't believe in "Our Confessions", as I understand it. I think that Krauss would be more likely to go Jack Bauer on Yasu.
To be fair, Yasu WAS pointing a gun at them when she was explaining her threat, and she did so late on the night of the 4th, so the relatives were already gathered, the storm had already cut them off, the grate to Kuwadorian was locked, and she didn't even explain the actual bomb mechanism, just some vague "trigger that only I know about". Furthermore (and I'm just trusting Wanderer's translation, it seems they worked pretty darned hard on it), she lied even FURTHER by stating that she could trigger the bomb to explode at any time.

Ah, I guess what I'm getting at is that is the characters know everything WE know about the bomb, and status of the other accomplices, the solution seems simple - tackle rush the meido-chan. If, however, it's something vague, that might be activated at literally any time, and my only alternative is to try and make it two miles acorss an island of uncultivated forest during a typhoon, and BEFORE said bomb-holder suspects I've betrayed our agreement ... hell, and that's just if you want to make off, yourself, without mention of getting two others who, according to this agreement you'll have broken, are supposed to be in certain places at certain times ... I'unno. At least Krauss felt guilty about it.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote