View Single Post
Old 2005-12-25, 14:44   Link #57
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylf
Also, people in here will show you how to make 1GHz PC play back 99.8% of the h.264 encoded fansubs currently being released. 1GHz isn't fast at all for today's standard. "It requires too much CPU power" argument is quickly getting old. And with fast media players such as Media Player Classic (Not WMP6.4) and ZoomPlayer, that klunky media player argument isn't very convincing either.
Also, if you use VLC you can get that CPU usage to almost a minimum. I was checking Froth-Bite's Itsudatte My Santa MP4, encoded with x264 and AAC audio, CPU usage on different players and my poor 2500 AMD Barton, 256 RAM, slow HDD was running VLC (0.8.2 build) playing it with 5% to 26% of CPU power while Winamp was using a bit more (25-40%), MPC even higher (30-60%) and MPC is one of the fastest players out there.
What I'm saying is that there are ways for slower PCs to play these files without much problems, like turning off as many programs running in the background as possible (yes, even your firewall, antivirus software). Perhaps a disconnect from the internet will do the trick too for the time you'll spend watching your anime. Of course, using a fast player is the key here.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote