View Single Post
Old 2004-06-28, 19:57   Link #3
Krevnik
Kryptic Kynic

None of it is currently in a shape that I could post as a sample, unfortunately. A coupler are under review by publishers, others would take over a week of work to massage into a format I could post online, and others I simply lack the original data to massage because they were abandoned due to seriously flawed or bland game mechanics.

One of the goals of this is so that I *have* a public, free, downloadable sample that I can use to help my case with publishers, and have something the fans can have fun with.

Oh, and one of the goals of this little experiment is to see if I can throw together a prototype in 2 weeks. Considering I just successfully threw together a prototype (from concept to product to playtest and send to a publisher) in under 72 hours, and it plays well while needing some tweaks to numbers on individual cards, I am confident I can get a prototype in 2 weeks. The game will get polish after that through playtesting (where I have more time to focus on details).

Edit:

Quick update, two ideas have been brought to me (one from real life, another from another forum this is a part of)... and would like to post them here to get things started:

Idea 1: Azamanga Daioh
Play as a student attending classes with Chiyo, Tomo, and others through the 3 years of high school. The student with the best social/educational standing at the end of the 3 years wins.

Idea 2: Naruto
Play as a ninja employed by society. Compete with other players to complete missions first while various "Bad People" attempt to stop you and your friends. The first to complete a set number of missions gets promoted and wins.

Last edited by Krevnik; 2004-06-29 at 00:39.
Krevnik is offline   Reply With Quote