View Single Post
Old 2006-08-25, 12:41   Link #57
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Zeta's new cast of characters was a lot more likeable than GSD's, I'll give it that. And it has better battles, but I don't watch it for battles alone. I just don't understand why the fact that I watched all 50 episodes of Zeta and was bored with the story altogether doesn't qualify as enough reason to say I hated it. Like I said, so many people said it was the best Gundam series and I was extremely disappointed because it got my hopes up.

Even though I wouldn't classify GSD as a "great" series, it was at least done in an entertaining enough way that I didn't have to keep my eye on the clock during each episode. And I don't hate all non-SEED or G Gundam shows. I've said many times here that MSG and the UC OVAs are very good and powerful stories. I just have a problem with Zeta and Victory because of the pacing and lack of an engaging story. Victory I've only seen 29 episodes of and it's so boring I doubt I'll ever finish it.
Yeah its probably the case of the high expecations versus enivitable let down. I don't know why people always have to go and do that, hyping a series so much that the person will go in expecting nothing but perfection and be let down. I've had that happen to me so many times that I've decided to always go into a show with zero expectations and let it carry me along regardless of its overall quality, and it significantly decreases the gag reflex you get when the quality is severely lacking and you fell its impossible to keep watching. For me though Zeta was my second Gundam series after Wing, and the first I saw in its entirety so that might explain why I hold it such high regard. Maybe its a cast of first viewed as the best for me like it is for fans of Video Games where the first they played tends to be the best.

Oh 4Tran you're whole most people who don't like older shows wouldn't be watching them anyway, yeah, nail on the head right there.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote