View Single Post
Old 2013-03-16, 15:32   Link #71
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I'm confused. Is this Space Battleship Yamamoto 2199 something different that the one that's been airing/being released on dvd for the past few months?

I've off and on read the manga for Shingeki no Kyojin, which is unfortunate, as I'm never all that invested in an anime when I already know the plot, but it'll still probably be one of the shows I watch this upcoming season, as it's the one guaranteed show I know I'll enjoy.

A Sunrise Mecha show? Well, of course, I'll be watching, though I'm not going to pretend to have high hopes for anything that revolves around a cast that appears to be in high school while simultaneously piloting mecha to end the big bad conflict between the two nations they're squashed between.

However, I suspect it'll be better than Ginga Kikotai Majestic Prince, but I'll watch GKMP anyways, because...Miyuki Sawashiro (though she appears to voice a minor character, so maybe not). Though, am I the only one that thinks it "looks" like a Sunrise production, while Kakumeiki "looks" like a Bones one?

Suisei's robot aesthetics hearken back to the old days, but as much as I enjoy older mecha/giant robot, I'm not going to pretend there was anything particularly awesome about such designs, other than the cheese factor. It is yet another Gen show, so obviously it's going on my must watch list. Amusingly enough, with the thread concerning death or evolution of mecha anime on General on my mind, is Gen going to try some magic with the genre?

I'm sure I'll also vapidly watch a handful of other shows in the lineup (Aku no Hana looks mildly interesting, brain popcorn like Azazel, etc)).

Nothing looks like a sure fire "it" girl this next season (Devil Survivor 2 probably has the best shot at that role, and oh, yes, I'll be watching that as well, though I suppose with Gen's prolific recent rack record, Suisei should just be thrown that crown to start the season off), but there have been some pleasant surprises for the last few seasons, despite things looking very poor ahead of time, so I'm optimistic.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2013-03-16 at 15:57.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote