View Single Post
Old 2010-08-04, 07:20   Link #35
Suimancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess View Post
I can't really see the logic in Hei killing Yin at the end. She had already become Izanami, had already killed(or perhaps saved) countless people. I think Hei realized what Izanami(and Yin) were doing at the end. Taking the souls of contractors, dolls, humans, and giving them a new life on Shion's created Earth.
Yin’s further existence would further escalate the “death” toll of both humans and contractors. Whether it was killing or saving, she was not happy with what she was doing. Would you want your loved one to be the cause of more “deaths”?
I believe Madam Oreile already spilled the Beans to Hei way back in ep 10. There was prophetic meaning in his dialogues about and with Suou. Especially when he seems to already know what fate awaits Suou during their final scene together. Just a theory though
Quote:
There are a lot of questions though. Yin says it's not too late, and once again asks Hei to kill her. What is this refering to, Shion's new Earth? The soul-sucking child left behind? Even though Yin says it's not to late to stop something, nothing actually changes. Earth 2.0 fades off in the distance, and Kaga-Tsuchi remains to kill the CIA agents.
Perhaps this suggest that Yin has yet to fully evolve or change, killing her then would stop her from truly becoming something she does not want to become.

Quote:
Another question is what part Hei was supposed to play in the prophecy. When Misaki listens to the tape left by Amber, Amber says if Izanami and Izanagi meet Hei will...We never find out what Hei would do. I theorized earlier that it's possible Hei actually created the child left behind by extracting whatever was in Yin and somehow transferring it, however that's just my wild guess.
I believe Madam Oreille made use of Hei to aid in the fulfillment of the prophecy. Ordering him to shoot Yin , perhaps was not meant to kill Yin but damage her container instead, leading to her continual awakening. We are not sure how definitive the Mitaka documents or Amber’s prediction are. As we have seen, different parties were either aiding or hindering the prophecies. They could likely lead to changes to the future that the two sources stated beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakabatou77 View Post
I don't think Izanami was collecting souls for the new Earth. If that's the case, then majority of the population in the world is dead. Including Misuzu. No. The new Earth and everybody on it was copied by Shion. That's all. He died at the end because he used all his power to do it.
I would like to add that the personalities and memories of the residents of the new Earth came from the M.E database containing the memories of M.E’ed people and the doll’s collective intelligence network. I theorize that Yin used her soul sucking abilities to transfer said memories into the copies. As for Suou and July, Yin made use of their newly sucked souls instead.