View Single Post
Old 2011-01-25, 12:42   Link #2151
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I still think that the movie was made almost purposely to be pretty much Fate's movie rather than Nanoha's, considering how it focused to much more on her as opposed to Nanoha. Sure Nanoha is the main character but much of the characterization the whole movie and screentime at the latter half went to Fate, so in the end if felt like the same story, only focusing on someone else.
You hit the nail on the head. It was deliberate pandering to Fate fans, at the expense of Nanoha, Arisa, Suzuka, and everyone else. Including needed explanations. It could have been a good way to introduce people to the series, as an alternate to S1, but it failed in that regard. I've said time and time again that Fate's backstory should have been released as a set of OAV's instead. That would have made sense. Possibly from the perspective of 19 year old Fate looking back, perhaps telling this story to a child she was in the midst of saving, or had saved. That would have been interesting.

But hey, they made money, and I suppose that's all that matters.

Quote:
In that way I almost expect the A's movie to be primarily on the Wolkenritter and Hayate.
Possibly, but it's going to be real hard. If they take the same track they did with this one, then a lot of necessary stuff is going to be cut, leaving newer viewers once again going, "huh?"

People are going to continually leave your fandom, so you need a way to draw new people in. These movies could have been that, but I'm betting the second movie doesn't do as well (people turned off the first one, and the Fate fans won't be as into it due to less Fate time), and we won't get anymore movies.

Then again, the 2nd movie could still focus more on Fate, possibly somehow bumping Suzuka off and instead have Fate befriend Hayate. Tune in for Magical Girl Lyrical Fate the Movie 2nd A's, to see how it all turns out!