View Single Post
Old 2009-02-06, 17:17   Link #86
DSDSSDWE
Blah

I think it is kind of odd to say that nobody "stronger" than Hancock can/will be affected by her petrification powers. The truth, AFAWK, is that everyone with 1. not enough willpower and/or 2. interest in pretty women like Hancock will be affected by her powers to some degree. (Actually, I guess Haki seemingly plays a big role in defusing DF abilities as well.)

The fact that Jimbei, Ace and Crocodile weren't charmed by her looks (NOT her DF power) doesn't say much. Jimbei probably is not into human females and Ace is likely NOT very concerned with hot chicks at the moment, being beaten close to death multiple times, sentenced to die in a couple of hours and the cause of a major war that might see his "dad" WB killed. Oh, and something tells me Croc would find more enjoyment tearing Hancock in pieces than anything else, the hooked bastard.

Would her DF powers have worked on them (Ace/Croc) if she could have used them in a different situation? Who knows. The only reason it didn't work on Luffy had nothing to do with his strength or willpower: the guy simply isn't into women sexually (or men, not implying that he's gay FYI). If caught off guard, she may just well succeed (on some of them). Course, it is unlikely that the stronger guys are caught off guard easily. When you're in the position that they are, I suspect they are prepared for hostilities mentally.

Example: I think we can all agree that that Perona chick from Thriller Bark arc is "weaker" than Zoro and co, yet she floored them all with her depression ghost things and they had to have their asses saved by Usopp.