View Single Post
Old 2011-08-09, 09:45   Link #3814
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Good lord, I certainly wasn't expecting such failure from Goodsmile Company regarding international business...

For those who haven't followed/learned about that, GSC allowed overseas customers to order some of their figures, mostly their charity actions through their official website.
The thing is that they advertized that the only shipping method was EMS, at a flat rate of 2000 yens, regardless how many figurines you were ordering (so same fee for 1 to 5 figurines).

I was suspecting something weird, considering how expensive it may be for them with EMS on the long run, but it seems the horror was worse than anyone could expect:
Initially, after 2-3 weeks, people were wondering what was going on since no parcel arrived, and more importantly: close to no one received a tracking ID.
Only after many inquiries, GSC finally responded with that kind of email:After some people from Singapore reported their parcel being nothing close to EMS, lots of people multiplied the inquiries (and for good measure heh), which finally turned into this today:
I can't help but feel extremely pissed off by this turn of event: overcharged shipping fee aside, it is more like the false advertisement that EMS was the only available option for shipping. Of course, if you also considering how long they took to actually apologize, finally admitting the shipping method used, it certainly makes the matter worse. But to add the insult to the injury, we are receiving some sort of google translated email, along with a mention that the nendo are being sent by [surface parcel], not even SAL...

I sure hope it will be the only one epicfail they've done with their oversea customers, otherwise, I'll feel pity for those who orderer the madoka figurines, especially that huge ass Kyuubey.
Was just about to post the same thing when i got a response to my email. They really dropped the ball this time. I have to wait 3 months that is ridiculous!