View Single Post
Old 2007-07-18, 16:20   Link #382
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb View Post
Yes they are. Gender roles are nothing more that glorified stereotyping that says "girls should do this and guys should do that because of their gender". That would be like having racial rolls. "Whites should do this, blacks should do that, Asian are to do this, Mexicans that, etc., etc."

That would be silly.
You think they are because of what they were. And they're not like having "racial roles" at all from how I see it. There's not comparison...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander View Post
I get this sense like you think we're all out there brainwashing women into doing all these terrible things.

Traditional gender roles take away choice ... and that's what people find morally wrong. It's the whole idea that women should want to do something even though they are doing something completely different.

It's extremely hard to understand ... because on one hand you are all for choice ... but on the over hand you are against what happens as a result of having those kind of choices(you decide that they made all the wrong choices).

It's just seems like you feel better qualified to decide what's best for women than women.
Yes, I am hard to understand. No one seems to truly understand my views. They're too unique, and I'm too dumb to express them right.

Traditional gender roles themselves do not take away choice. Only the past rules that were applied to them. And i just think that things are just too chaotic today... too many people are doing things "because they can". Things are taboo when they shouldn't be while others aren't taboo when they should be. And I doubt anyone will say anything that would logically change my views on this.

But I'm willing to agree to disagree