View Single Post
Old 2010-01-11, 09:43   Link #116
Soljashy
The Salary Man
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Soljashy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telmah View Post
I always thought they rushed Mutsumi's storyline in the original. There was just so much to forced into those last episodes, so it never really explained in the anime as well as it should have been. I don't think we'll see more of it though because it would be hard to interact with the main character group.
I know what you mean. I suppose I should be happy that she's even in the new opening at this point. Gosh, Leaf so enjoys teasing me about this.

Quote:
I am not sure we'll see more from Kyuu either though, because again, they want to highlight as many characters as possible. At least that's my thought. I noticed Karura didn't get any screen time in this go around, nor did Utorii. I think they are trying not to play favorites.
Though Kuuya and Sakuya at least have a chance to feature. They could always flash between Kunnekamun and Tuskuru like they did in one of the drama CDs.

Quote:
This is probably my favorite full-blown fantasy series of all time--interesting characters, decent battles, well developed world, fun side stories, one of the better romances I've seen, and even a bit of philosophy on living. The swords and socerery motif is what originally enticed me to watch anime, so I've seen quite a bit. So even if it isn't quite as good as the original, it is always fun to return to it. I dread the it is 2/3 complete now. I certainly wouldn't mind more!
You know, I think the problem, at least for me, is that I loved the original so much (a story which was already too large for a mere 26 episodes) that a mere three episode bonus can't possibly live up to my expectations. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the ride so far, it's just such a pity that there isn't more.
This user has been diagnosed with a very rare and dangerous mutation of type Al of the pandemic Kugimiya disease (Retroviridae Kooguencephalitisvirus Kugimijavirus). The source of his infection has been identified as a Kamyu bite. Please be sensitive to him.
Soljashy is offline   Reply With Quote