View Single Post
Old 2010-02-17, 11:29   Link #119
Soljashy
The Salary Man
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Soljashy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Am I the only one who found this god dam awful ? I've dropped it halfway thu the first episode to avoid ruining my likeness of the series.
I would be lying if I denied that I'm somewhat disappointed with the OVA myself, however I disagree with each of your criticisms.

Quote:
Let me add a disclaimer before I start. These are my views on the OVAs as someone who enjoyed Utawarerumono very much. infact I recently re-watched it and even moved it from and 8, to a 9.
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the series so much. I give it a 10 myself.

Quote:
That characters we sooooo out of character it wasnt funny. Its like they all had totally different personalities. Not one of them reminded me how they were in the Utawarerumono series. Thats so upsetting for someone who enjoyed the main series.
Who was out of character? From the rest of your post, I presume you mean Urutori, and I'll address that below. But who else was out of character and how? I love the main series myself, and I didn't notice any of this.

Quote:
There are people who are suppose to be dead, actually being alive. Dont know how that happened but oh well. Maybe the winged prieste casted a ressurrect spell. Maybe that would make more sence.
Don't be an idiot. The OVA obviously takes place in mid-series, not after the main series.

Quote:
I didnt completely watch the battle. I skimed thu it because I was so disgusted. Why did the winged priest (who is the leader of all the priests) attack her own friends. Someone could of got killed. Or maybe someone did, I dont know, I didnt stick around to find out. Shes suppose to be the elder priest now and what does she do ? she goes violent!. Once again, shes soo far out of character, its just plain awful to watch.
She attacked her friends because she felt very attached to the baby. It's her mothers' instinct. She probably seems out of character to you because, well, in the main series she doesn't really reveal much of her true personality, and in the OVA there isn't enough time to show much of her relationship with the child.

Quote:
Ive given it a score of a deserving 3 and it has been dropped, because I want to remember Utawarerumono as a wonderful series. I dont want it ruined by this type of crap.
If you want to criticize the OVA for "crap", why don't you start with those horrible and completely superfluous bath scenes? Or all the minutes wasted showing Karura quietly drinking sake when there's already not enough time to cover the entire arc!
This user has been diagnosed with a very rare and dangerous mutation of type Al of the pandemic Kugimiya disease (Retroviridae Kooguencephalitisvirus Kugimijavirus). The source of his infection has been identified as a Kamyu bite. Please be sensitive to him.
Soljashy is offline   Reply With Quote