View Single Post
Old 2012-07-13, 10:34   Link #320
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
Very interesting! Since so little has been said on the EU until now, it's nice to finally have a grasp on its history and organization. The fact that the EU has their own calender system is a nice tidbit, since they obviously wouldn't use the highly patriotic calender system of Britannia. (Though, the part about Napoleon is confusing, since according to the official CG timeline, he died at sea while returning from his defeat at the battle of Waterloo, suspected to be an assassination by the late Queen Elizabeth, and wasn't executed as it says here. Hopefully this will be cleared up eventually.)

And no, your translation is looking pretty good, no obvious errors. (Though, how did you translate "populism" from the kanji given at the end? I've never seen that term in Japanese before.)

All in all, the ova really seems to be shaping up well! I can't wait to see the first episode.
Really? There's an official CG timeline which talks about Napoleon? I had no idea. Lol. It's pretty weird that they would release official material contradicting previously released info. I wonder if there's a reason for that, or if they just changed their minds and decided to retcon it...

大衆迎合主義 is definitely populism. 大衆迎合 literally means pandering to the general public (being populist), while 主義 denotes it being an ideology, in this case a political one. It's pretty easy when you break it up.

Edit: Btw, does anyone know what E.U. really stands for? I keep seeing "Euro Universe" in the previous Code Geass materials, but it's definitely not that in the Akito stuff. They keep using ユーロピア共和国連合 which is literally Europia Union. I translated it to European Union because that's what it is in real life now, and it sounds better, but it probably should be left as Europia Union. It really does seem like they're changing the entire E.U. background and name to suit what the new director wants. Is there any more info on this? Thanks!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote