View Single Post
Old 2012-12-19, 20:47   Link #6712
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Yeah, that is a take on it, again not StrikerS thread but to be fair: the sound stage and the manga don’t count, why? Because if I need extra material to be able to understand your story, you are failing as story teller. You can’t make them fit in your story? Why you even put them there?

And there is a difference between being actual characters and just shallow figures. The Numbers, sorry to say, aren’t interesting, memorable or even likeable. If you like them, great, but here is thing: they don’t have any development. Half of them are serious, mind on the mission and friendly with the sisters, the other half aren’t serious, they get distracted a lot and worry about their sisters. Guess who fall where. Quattro and Due are the worst of the team, the first one for being a cliché single middle bad girl with glasses and the second didn’t even get more than 3 lines in the entire series. And that is the case for many of them. They are a mess, and is so hard to keep up with who is who if they weren’t named by numbers and had the number on their necks. What the Numbers have is a cliché stereotypical character archetype, nothing more. So you say yourself Nanya, they don’t have. At least as far as I can see. You think they are great, I am happy for you, I don’t like them.

And Fate didn’t think herself as Alice for a very simple reason. Even when the clone has the memories, she creates her own interpretation of such events, creating a new person with the same memories. Is actually a lot good and far more than little for the Numbers and nothing for the Hückebein. Why you seem to dislike that?