View Single Post
Old 2010-06-04, 18:41   Link #10
Zekori

It's in the first forest dungeon of generation 2, additionally the cost of reviving hero/heroines increases to their total level prior being revived, but even then it isn't so much of a big deal.

On another note currently "beaten" gen4, in the sense I just need to go to the pillar and choose my gen5 protagonist (Passive Float Willpower is tempting) but I'm sorta finishing up titles before I progress. So far personally the title is an okay title, nothing great, nothing major, but that's fine I wasn't expecting much out of it - just another SRPG to kill time with that doesn't involve grinding out stats or levels since that bores me (D3), I'm not that much of a munchkin.

The story plot points for generations are pretty "myeh" at times, Leo's whole motivation for being revived was pretty out there. Ladius... Christ that was a boring protagonist. Thoma was pretty awesome, shame the previous two protagonists weren't as fleshed as he was. Duran was just a jerkass facade, not sure about the next/last protagonist. Character development is thrown out there, but sometimes its just to move the plot forward or just the romance subplots, secondary characters tend to get the shaft every so often, it was only until generation 4 were those sub characters didn't entirely feel tacked onto the story.

But like I said before, I wasn't expecting much from this game so I won't hound it. In the very least it's still a more enjoyable experience than say Xenosaga II.