View Single Post
Old 2012-09-19, 00:33   Link #265
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Aww, I'm not that young. I just don't have much experience with MMORPGs, my forte is just traditional single-player RPGs. My posts wasn't meant completely seriously - I understand that people are cautious due to the risk of actual death - but I thought that was the only thing holding them back. I never would have imagined that some MMORPGs, like in grey's Shin Megami Tensei example, would take several years or more to reach the max level. That sounds... really... not fun? I always figured the experience curve would be closer to that of regular RPGs, where you can almost always grind to 99 or whatever's the max level in a couple of weeks if you just farm some final dungeon enemies.
Really deep game, with lots aspects from capturing and raising Pokemon demons, mixing the best gears, or coming up with a new type of prof (there are no classes as such in this game).

Death really sucks at high levels because the exp penalty is percentage based. Most highbies use cash shop items to let them res without death penalty, but not everyone can afford them.

Another aspect of SMTi that is similar to SAO is how the skills work. You charge your skill first, then you fire it off. Someone attacks you, you can prep a counter, guard or dodge.

Only thing I don't like about the Int version is that we haven't (yet) got content from popular animes such as To Aru Kagaku no Railgun boo boo