View Single Post
Old 2011-03-08, 23:17   Link #3114
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
That doesn't happen until he fights Goku again, then sacrifices himself to kill Fat Buu, right after telling his son he loves him and is proud of him, which is more powerful than his OMG rage against Cell that amounted to nothing (atleast not better thematically than his scene vs. Fat Buu where he literally turns into as statue of ash)...
I agree that's a better example of heroism. I merely meant to say he at least gets a nod even if it ends at Cell, and in the context of the whole series it is significant when compared to his attitude during the Saiyan saga or even not too long ago during the android fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
One thing that got me is that I remembered Trunks dying instantly when the Death Beam hit him. However, Kai shows that he clearly suffered with a hole in his chest for like five minutes while Cell was explaining things before finally croaking.
At least he gets his revenge, albeit with a parallel version, against Cell when he returns to his own time. Really hope they can squeeze that storyline in before Kai ends.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote