Thread: Crunchyroll Dog Days' (Dash) [2nd season]
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-29, 12:05   Link #2027
Midonin
Last Engage

DOG DAYS' THE FINAL - So Long, Farewell, Until We Meet Again

A sweet finale for a sweet series. The second season was more character- and world-focused than the first season, for the first season established a lot already, and I liked what it showed us. There are very few angles of Floynardian culture that weren't explored. Everything from Edo villages to demon kings to hints of a possible legacy involving Cinque's family were all laid out. Genoise got more screentime (Noir especially), and Pastillage made their debut, even going toe-to-toe with the established characters and holding their own. If I had to describe this, I would say it's a... healing action anime? Those two elements rarely go together, but DOG DAYS found a way to make it work. Seeing Nana Mizuki have a blast as Rico and Nanami was a lot of fun, too.

(Leonami and Coubecca, yay!)

Of all the new characters introduced, Adel is my favorite. All-powerful, but also plays the boke role extremely well. I hope that Hero Mask gets to have an expanded role in the Drama CDs or something, because more Adel chewing the scenery means more fun for me. This series was the perfect antidote to Kokoro Connect on Saturdays; it's been fun.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote