View Single Post
Old 2010-12-25, 01:26   Link #16
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, the Impel Down arc was only 24 chapters and that destination (maybe not destination, but definetly location) had been known for hundreds of chapters, so why should Fishman Island arc (which has been known for hundreds of chapters) be any different?

I think the main difference between Merman island and ID (aside from the fact that we've known about MI for much longer) would be, as I already mentioned in my last post, the amount of build-up it had. I mean sure, we knew that ID held the most dangerous criminals ever and all that jazz, but that's all we really knew (well, that and the BW guys being sent there, but still). Meanwhile, we had a LOT of little hints and details throughout the series that would obviously be addressed in this storyline (the strongest mer-swordsman, the Sun pirates, the mermaid princess, Arlong's connection to Jinbei, the world nobles and of course Fisher Tiger, to name the more prominent ones). I just don't see all those loose threads being untangled in the span of a mere 10 chapters. No, I see this storyline being, at the very least, a good mid-length arc......

And as far as Jones goes, he still hasn't been properly revealed yet, so it's too soon to judge whether or not he'll be a mere Arlong clone. Heck, he may not actually be the main boss of this arc......